Physical Therapist Assistant
Posted Aug 19, 2019 in Calhoun, GA 30703
Physical Therapy Assistant – Home Health
In this position the physical therapy assistant will provide physical therapy in a team environment, and under the direction and supervision of the staff physical therapist.
- Implement selected components of patient treatment, obtain data related to the treatment provided, and make modifications in selected treatments either to progress the patient as directed by the physical therapist or to ensure the patients safety and comfort.
- Assesses patient performance commensurate with their training and qualifications.
- Communicate and document treatment and appropriate charges for treatment per policy and procedure.
- Plan, prepare and perform individually designed treatment programs to maintain, improve and/or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and/or prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
- Identify and document goals, anticipated progress and plans for re-evaluation per policy and procedure.
- Evaluate effectiveness of treatment at various stages and adjust treatment to achieve maximum benefit.
- Provide patients with a meaningful rehab experience utilizing excellent clinical skills and customer service.
- Participate in patient care conferences with peers of the care team.
- Provide physical therapy care that complies with organization's best practices, standards, policies and procedures.
- Comply with both federal and state guidelines, including all licensing requirements.
- Previous skilled nursing and home health experience a plus.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Long and short term disability
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- College Saving Fund
- Employee Discounts
Physical Therapy Assistant