Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant
Posted May 24, 2019 in Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
The certified occupational therapy assistant will use their skills to provide direct and indirect occupational therapy services to patients as directed by the supervised occupational therapist. The COTA will work with the interdisciplinary team to enable patients to achieve their goals.
- Implementing appropriate treatment techniques, as related to sensory processing, activities of daily living, fine motor, visual motor skills and neuro-developmental concerns, to individuals.
- Provide direct treatment/consultative services as determined by the supervising occupational therapist for those individuals who are in need of services.
- Review all pertinent information available regarding the patient and their disability.
- Collaborate with occupational therapist to assist in devising appropriate treatment plans.
- Collaborate and recommend treatment modifications, based on patient needs, with the occupational therapist.
- Adapt environments, equipment, tools, materials and activities according to the patient’s needs.
- Implement the use of assistive devices and modifications as necessary.
- Communicate, interact, and collaborate with all members of the care team.
- Record daily progress notes and maintain records of services provided.
- Provide occupational therapy care that complies with organization's best practices, standards, policies and procedures.
- Comply with both federal and state guidelines, including all licensing requirements.
This southeastern rehabilitation company owns and operates various skilled nursing facilities across the southeast region. Providers of sub-acute care, their clinics offer in-house rehabilitation services. With a management team made up of senior-level therapist, this organization is dedicated to delivering a rewarding and enjoyable environment centered on success, and a compassionate multi-disciplinary team.
Full time therapists are eligible for benefits beginning in 30 days. Work schedules are flexible and guarantee 40 hours a week.
- Full Medical, dental and life
- Great CEU program and paid licensure
- 401k program
- Company perks and discount program
- Generous PTO schedule
New graduates are welcome to apply. This organization provides an outstanding mentorship program.
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Skilled Nursing Facility