Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant
Posted Feb 18, 2019 in Clayton, NC 27527
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - Skilled Nursing
The certified occupational therapy assistant will use their skills to provide direct and indirect occupational therapy services to patients as directed by the supervised occupational therapist in an assisted living facility. The COTA will work with the interdisciplinary team to enable patients to achieve their goals.
- Implementing appropriate treatment techniques, as related to sensory processing, activities of daily living, fine motor, visual motor skills and neuro-developmental concerns, to individuals.
- Provide direct treatment/consultative services as determined by the supervising occupational therapist for those individuals who are in need of services.
- Review all pertinent information available regarding the patient and their disability.
- Collaborate with occupational therapist to assist in devising appropriate treatment plans.
- Collaborate and recommend treatment modifications, based on patient needs, with the occupational therapist.
- Adapt environments, equipment, tools, materials and activities according to the patient’s needs.
- Implement the use of assistive devices and modifications as necessary.
- Communicate, interact, and collaborate with all members of the care team.
- Record daily progress notes and maintain records of services provided.
- Provide occupational therapy care that complies with organization's best practices, standards, policies and procedures.
- Comply with both federal and state guidelines, including all licensing requirements.
Join the team! This therapist owned and operated acute-care therapy provider offers a dynamic work environment with opportunity for growth. With offices across the southeast and Midwest, this therapy-based clinic has been serving the senior population for over fifteen years. Providing a variety of clinical programs targeted to meeting the needs of the patients they serve, their services include skilled nursing care for assisted and independent living communities.
- Full Benefits Including Prescription Program
- Flexible spending accounts for FSA and DCA
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Generous PTO including Buyback
- License Reimbursement
- Lucrative Referral Plans
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Skilled Nursing Facility