Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant
Posted Jan 17, 2019 in Clarkston, WA 99403
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
The certified occupational therapy assistant will use their skills to provide direct and indirect occupational therapy services to patients as directed by the supervised occupational therapist. The COTA will work with the interdisciplinary team to enable patients to achieve their goals.
· Implementing appropriate treatment techniques, as related to sensory processing, activities of daily living, fine motor, visual motor skills and neuro-developmental concerns, to individuals.
· Provide direct treatment/consultative services as determined by the supervising occupational therapist for those individuals who are in need of services.
· Review all pertinent information available regarding the patient and their disability.
· Collaborate with occupational therapist to assist in devising appropriate treatment plans.
· Collaborate and recommend treatment modifications, based on patient needs, with the occupational therapist.
· Adapt environments, equipment, tools, materials and activities according to the patient’s needs.
· Implement the use of assistive devices and modifications as necessary.
· Communicate, interact, and collaborate with all members of the care team.
· Provide occupational therapy care that complies with organization's best practices, standards, policies and procedures.
- Record daily progress notes and maintain records of services provided.
- Comply with both federal and state guidelines, including all licensing requirements.
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Skilled Nursing Facility