Posted Nov 20, 2018 in Dalton, GA 30719
Facility seeking Occupational Therapist - Home Health
Occupational Therapist is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and providing high-quality skilled care to patients requiring occupational therapy services in a home-based setting as ordered by a physician.
In this role, the home health occupational therapist must help improve function, mobility and help patients become as active and independent as their condition will allow. Working in the homes of the patients, the occupational therapist [OT] will work to help patients regain quality of life, while also empowering each individual they treat to be independent at home.
The therapist will demonstrate strong communication skills with peers and their patients', in addition to assessing the patient’s condition and providing counseling. They will work closely with patient’s physician to create and implement a home care treatment plan. This treatment will include specific goals for everyday living and completed routine household tasks. The ideal candidate for this job will be energetic, an effective communicator and be dedicated to providing high-quality care to all of their patients.
- Travel to and from patients' homes, providing physical therapy as ordered by a physician in accordance with the designated plan of care.
- Review and explain physician orders with patients' and their families.
- Responsible for the direct or indirect provisions of individualized care based on the assessed age and development needs of each patient.
- Present patients' with updates while making care suggestions to the care team.
- Record patient treatments and evaluate progress and effectiveness in accomplishing goals.
- Coordinate with care team members to provide high-quality services and care to all our patients.
- Provide occupational therapy care that complies with organization's best practices, standards, policies and procedures.
- Comply with both federal and state guidelines, including all licensing requirements.
- Maintain a valid state driver’s licenses and automobile insurance.
Join this therapist owned practice specializing in sports medicine, industrial rehab and athletic training. Operating over 15 clinics across a variety of states in the southeast, they apply a strong focus on delivering high-quality care and service to their patients.
Understanding the importance of the local communities in which they work, this organization and their team take pride in giving back. With active participation in a variety of charity events including local school systems and sports groups. We employ over 400 home health therapists in the southeast and have a 97% retention rate amongst our employees.
- Full benefits package including profit sharing and all expenses paid.
- Benefits are effective immediately upon start date.
- Choice of base salary or pay per visit.
- Electronic documentation
- Paid CEU’s and licensing fees.
- Strong team focused environment that provides great culture.