Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant
Posted Sep 23, 2018 in Daytona Beach, FL 32116
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
The certified occupational therapy assistant will use their skills to provide direct and indirect occupational therapy services to patients as directed by the supervised occupational therapist. The COTA will work with the interdisciplinary team to enable patients to achieve their goals.
- Implementing appropriate treatment techniques, as related to sensory processing, activities of daily living, fine motor, visual motor skills and neuro-developmental concerns, to individuals.
- Provide direct treatment/consultative services as determined by the supervising occupational therapist for those individuals who are in need of services.
- Review all pertinent information available regarding the patient and their disability.
- Collaborate with occupational therapist to assist in devising appropriate treatment plans.
- Collaborate and recommend treatment modifications, based on patient needs, with the occupational therapist.
- Adapt environments, equipment, tools, materials and activities according to the patient’s needs.
- Implement the use of assistive devices and modifications as necessary.
- Communicate, interact, and collaborate with all members of the care team.
- Record daily progress notes and maintain records of services provided.
- Provide occupational therapy care that complies with organization's best practices, standards, policies and procedures.
- Comply with both federal and state guidelines, including all licensing requirements.
Join this therapist owned practice specializing in sports medicine, industrial rehab and athletic training. Operating over 15 clinics across a variety of states in the southeast, they apply a strong focus on delivering high-quality care and service to their patients.
Understanding the importance of the local communities in which they work, this organization and their team take pride in giving back. With active participation in a variety of charity events including local school systems and sports groups. We employ over 400 home health therapists in the southeast and have a 97% retention rate amongst our employees.
- Full benefits package including profit sharing and all expenses paid.
- Benefits are effective immediately upon start date.
- Choice of base salary or pay per visit.
- Electronic documentation
- Paid CEU’s and licensing fees.
- Strong team focused environment that provides great culture.
Occupational Therapy Assistant